Monday, April 28, 2008

Angel Food Cake... Food of the Gods, or What?

Q: Just because I need to know...

A: The food of the gods was called Ambrosia for the Greeks and Romans, served with a big, foamy mug of Nectar to wash it down. The Norse gods ate pretty much what we eat, except more of it and with lots of alcohol (as at a company party), but they kept young by eating magic silver apples. Angel food cake, on the other hand, is eaten mostly by old ladies (not gods) and is made with egg whites and sugar, with some other flavorless crap thrown in.

So, no. The gods probably wouldn't eat it unless they were on a diet.

2 comments:

Old Man Foltz said...

Hmm. I don't think DougO is in favor of Angel Food cake. Does that mean I'm just wrong if I like it?

Unknown said...

Should this effect my feelings toward Devil's Food cake?